Merced Personal Injury Lawyer
California accident attorney pursues compensation for victims of negligence
If you suffered an injury because a driver or someone else did not use proper care, you are entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. At Curry and Curry in Merced, I am a Central California litigator with more than 30 years of experience representing area clients in personal injury cases. My firm works on a contingency basis so you only pay legal fees after you’ve received payment through a judgment or settlement.
Firm handles vehicle accident, nursing home and dog bite cases
My firm handles a wide array of personal injury claims, including cases involving the following types of incidents:
- Vehicle accidents — In claims arising from auto accidents, I review the relevant evidence and consult with experts when warranted to determine who was at fault for a crash. Whether you were in a car or truck accident, my firm delivers representation during discussions with insurance companies and in court, if necessary. My firm also represents victims of motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents who are more likely to suffer catastrophic injuries after being hit by a vehicle.
- Nursing home injuries — Some unscrupulous nursing homes seek to cut corners by failing to hire suitable personnel or provide appropriate supervision. When a care facility fails to monitor a resident’s well-being, the result could be bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration or injuries from a fall. There are also instances where employees are intentionally abusive to the seniors they have been hired to help.
- Dog bites — California’s strict liability standard states that victims who are injured by dog bites can collect damages even if the pet owner had no reason to believe that their animal posed a threat.
- Security failures — Businesses, concert promoters and other entities that expect to attract a large number of people to a given location have a legal responsibility to make sure that their guests are safe. If an assault or another type of attack occurs because reasonable precautions were not taken, the party in control of the premises could be held liable.
As a litigator with more than 30 years of experience, I am able to analyze facts quickly and give clients an informed perspective on the potential value of their claim. From there, I provide determined advocacy in pursuit of money damages to adequately compensate you for your injuries and losses. If the injuries cause disabilities or if the victim was already on a government benefits program, I can personally prepare a Special Needs Trust to protect continued eligibility for means tested government benefits.
Medical conditions often at issue in personal injury claims
Gathering the critical medical evidence is necessary to maximizing compensation in a personal injury case. My firm assists victims with all types of injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone and ligament damage
- Catastrophic injuries, including paralysis and loss of limb
- Severe burns
- Disfiguring injuries
When a fatality occurs because of another person’s carelessness or malfeasance, I advocate on behalf of wrongful death plaintiffs seeking monetary legal relief after their tragic loss.
Damages available in a personal injury lawsuit
Sometimes, an injured victim is approached about a settlement shortly after the incident occurs. Defense lawyers and insurance companies often use this as a tactic to avoid having to pay the full amount that they would likely owe. Before you make any decisions that surrender your legal rights, you should speak with a qualified attorney about the damages you can recover in a California personal injury lawsuit. In addition to reimbursement for your medical costs and lost wages, you are also entitled to receive compensation for non-economic damages, such as the pain and suffering you experienced, the loss of enjoyment caused by the injury and any lasting disfigurement. I’ll give you honest advice about the type of recovery you should demand and work diligently to collect the payment you deserve in a settlement or judgment.
Contact an experienced Central California personal injury attorney regarding your claim
Curry and Curry in Merced represents Californians in personal injury matters. If you have been hurt due to the negligence or misconduct of someone else, please call 209-720-3912 or contact me online for a free consultation.