Merced Auto Accident Lawyer
Local Central California car accident attorney works to hold careless motorists accountable
Curry and Curry, located in Merced, provides exceptional legal representation to victims of California auto accidents. Having practiced law for more than 30 years based in Merced, I am capable of handling the most complex claims, including matters involving multiple cars, commercial vehicles and catastrophic injuries. I am familiar with the local courts and juries unlike attorneys soliciting cases from hundreds of miles away. I have earned substantial verdicts and settlements for clients hurt in car crashes and work on contingency so you do not pay attorney’s fees until after your case is settled or won.
Factors that contribute to vehicle collisions
California uses a fault-based auto insurance claim system, so hiring a seasoned litigator is important. During settlement discussions and courtroom proceedings, I present a persuasive case for my clients. Common causes of auto accidents include:
- Drunk and drug-impaired driving — Even a small amount of alcohol or marijuana can compromise a driver’s ability to control their vehicle safety. Regardless of whether the police made a DUI arrest at the scene, I will examine the evidence to determine whether alcohol, a controlled substance or a prescription medication played a role in your crash.
- Distracted driving — Smart phones and high-tech dashboards can easily divert someone’s attention while they’re behind the wheel. There are also more traditional distractions, such as eating, talking to passengers and looking at something on the side of the road. A split-second glance away from the road could trigger a serious crash.
- Traffic violations — For many drivers, speeding, running red lights and making unsafe lane changes are part of their daily routine. The police officer reporting to the accident scene sometimes fails to issue appropriate citations at the traffic scene, but my firm uses physical evidence to learn if the person whose car hit you broke the law in any way.
- Failure to react to road conditions — Slippery surfaces, bright sun, heavy traffic and other potential hazards do not relieve a motorist of their duty to others on the road. If a driver does not adjust the conditions as they exist, they can be held legally responsible for a resulting collision.
Having secured substantial financial recoveries for clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from car crashes, I know how to get accident victims the payment they need for medical bills, wage replacement and pain and suffering. I work with accident reconstruction experts and traffic safety experts when appropriate to prove the defendant is legally at fault for causing your injuries. Under California’s pure comparative negligence standard, you can win damages at trial even if you are partially liable for the accident. Your award would be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you.
Representing victims of truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents
You can rely on my firm for strong advice and advocacy in all types of vehicle collision cases, including matters related to accidents involving the following:
- All-terrain vehicles
I can also pursue claims against rideshare operators.
Injuries frequently suffered by people in car crashes
The impact of a vehicle accident can cause all types of injuries, but some of the medical conditions frequently suffered by victims include:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spinal injuries, such as whiplash
- Broken bones
- Damaged muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Catastrophic injuries, including paralysis, large total body surface area (TBSA) burns and limb loss
I work with doctors and other experts to prepare a comprehensive medical case when representing victims in personal injury cases and estates in survival actions.
Contact a proven California auto accident attorney to discuss your legal options
Curry and Curry in Merced seeks compensation for clients who have been injured in car crashes and other types of vehicle accidents throughout California. To make an appointment for a consultation regarding your case, please call 209-720-3912 or contact me online.